WearWoof is not a shelter or rescue. We are an animal welfare organization that operates a women’s resale shop. Our goal is to support the work of approved shelters and rescues whose mission is aligned with ours. Although we support the efforts Pittsburgh area Shelter and Rescue Partners of all sizes, we are especially attentive to the needs of smaller rescues and shelters who are big on heart but low on resources.
When you make a donation of gently used or new better women’s clothing or pet clothing and accessories to the WearWoof Shop, you support activities such as low-cost spay/neuter programs, Trap-Neuter-Release/Community Cat initiatives, the care and medical support of shelter animals, adoption events, education and community outreach and more.
Proceeds from sales at the WearWoof Shop, as well as our other fundraising activities, are then directed toward our Shelter and Rescue Partners. These Partners are local groups and organizations that must undergo an application and vetting process before being approved to receive WearWoof funding and support.
You can be involved in the WearWoof mission in several ways:
- Shop ‘til you drop at the WearWoof Shop where we’re rehoming fashion and saving homeless pets!
- Donate your gently used and new-but-never-worn unwanted fashion to the WearWoof Shop
- Volunteer with WearWoof as a WearWoof Ambassador
- Sign your rescue or shelter up to be a WearWoof Partner
- Sign your company up to be a WearWoof Corporate Partner
- Attend and support our fundraising events and activities